Like it or not, it is technically still winter and no surprise: we are still fighting the good fight against dry skin. Lips are a problem area for most of us and they not only unattractive but can even be painful.
To avoid/rid of the dredded dry lips follow these tips:
- Exfoliate once a week. A cheep, way to do this at home is by combining olive oil and sugar and applying it with a wash cloth.
- Maintain moisture with a shea butter based balm like L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm Stick $10 or Blistex Herbal Answer Lip Balm $1.59.
- Aviod dry lipstick (like those who claim to last all day...super drying) which can make dry lips look more obvious by settling into dry crevices.
- Avoid irritating, acidic foods like orange juice, tomato, vinegar, etc.
- Whatever you do, don't lick!!! Enzymes in saliva rob your lips of their natural moisture.