Listen, times are tough. That is what everyone is saying: the news, the president our husbands... In fact if we hear the word recession or worse "recessionista", one more time we may scream! At the end of the day we are women who still have to maintain. Lets face it, the hair is an important one and an expensive one at that. Since Jilly has been coloring hers so long that her natural color is pretty much a mystery, it is important to continue the process! So we did the research for you to find out what can help to extend the time between hair appointments:
Wash your hair every other day (or every 2 if your hair can handle it) with a color enhancing shampoo.
Available for $6.49 at www.drugstore.com
2. Condition your hair well. Color tends to fade faster on damaged hair and the color treating process itself does a number on your tresses. Try to give yourself 24-48 hours before washing after your hair has been treated.
3. Increase the amount of liquid intake 24-48 hours after your color treatment to help keep your roots moisturize and prevent strands from drying out. Damaged, dry hair does not hold color well.
4. Have a clear color glaze or gloss applied. This is a process that helps seal the newly colored hair and stretch its life. Ask your hair dresser if they do these at their salon. It is not time consuming and could be worth it!
5. Use color extending products that can be mixed with your conditioner that help enhance the color like Ken Paves Healthy Hair-Boost Up Color Drops.
Available for $39.95
6. Flat iron your hair a few days after you have it colored. This will smooth the hair cuticle and lock in the color.
7. Try using a cooler setting on your hair dryer. This can be time consuming but will also lessen the damage on your hair by heat styling (and build your biceps!). Many hair dryers offer a "Cool" setting that you can switch to at the end of your blow dry which will also help de-frizz your hair and set your style.
Solia 1875W Thermal Ionic Cermaic Hair Dryer $79.99 www.folica.com
What did we miss? Comment and let us know!