not the croc!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

So we know many of you out there just LOVE Crocs and we have shared our feelings on this shoe previously. (We hate them!)  We get it, we get it, they are easy to throw on and comfortable.  Listen comfort is important nowawdays.  We are all busy running around and we can't all be Jessica Simpson doing all our running in 4 inch heels.

Not practical! (but her legs look great!)

So here are some Croc alternatives that we think you should try:

A Flip Flop: It doesn't get much easier than this!  Try a neutral color to go with anything and it is an easy effortless and comfortable look.  Pair them with shorts, dresses or skirts (no jeans please).
Rainbow Flip Flop $44.99 at Amazon
Lucky Brand "Kena" Sandal $68.95 at Nordstrom

Thongs:  Like the Flip Flop but with a little more style and a little less casual.


Ugg Halendi $90.00 at Zappos
Sam Edelman "Gigi" Sandal $49.95 at Nordstrom

Flat Sandal: Treat this as your ballet flat during the warmer months.  It will add much more to your outfit than a plastic shoe you garden in and still it is comfy!
Sam Edelman "Hamilton" Sandal $79.95 at Nordstrom

Mossimo Supply Co. Wanette Cage Sandal $14.99 at Target

4 comments:

Renee said...

i whole-heartedly agree! i wrote something similar to this last month:

http://thriftypoet.blogspot.com/2010/03/wear-this-not-that-casual-shoes.html

its important that ladies know that crocs are not the only way to comfy feet =)

Susannah said...

I HATE crocs...I'm so glad someone out there agrees with me!



http://susannahjmorgan.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Hey! I wear flip flops with jeans...on occasion! LOL!

Valerie said...

Wow, i need to read this blog more. I wear flip-flop with jeans all the time and I own a pair of Crocs! In my defense, I ONLY wear them to walk the dog. There are too many "surprises" lurking in the grass for a flip flop or tennis shoes. I also worked at at summer camp when I bought them. Ohh Jill, you need to teach me how to shop! Although I think you would be proud of my graduation dress. I promise to not wear Crocs with it, or flip-flops.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails